A darker side... with a side of DEEP conditioning

Hey everyone!

What a crazy week! Things are just go go go and never stop during the weekdays. I cannot get over how cold it's starting to get. I am all prepared to go this weekend to get that navy blue Zara jacket that I wanted, but I'm starting to think that I think fall just never happened here and we are going straight to winter! Ahhhhhh.. sucks! I am not much of a winter fan. I LOVE summer and fall, but not this kind of rainy and cold fall.. Yuck!

Anyhow, I FINALLY took the plunge with my hair. I have slowly been going darker and darker, trying to get away from the blonde little by little. I talked to Cayla about my hair and told her no offense, but I have been getting my hair done so frequently, that I'm almost going darker too slowly!

I showed her the color that I wanted it to turn out like, and we decided on a color, but it's a couple shades darker. I did it A LOT darker, hoping that it will stick to my hair, but fade out a couple of shades.

Take a peek...


Natural light
 This is what it looked like the day I got it done. There are a few big chunks of blonde in here still (almost too much blonde still), but like I said, it looks like too much of a contrast because it's so dark, and the blonde I had was so blonde, but I'm banking on the fact that it will fade, and compliment each other more. I am going for more of a light-med brown, but I want to keep my front part a little more lighter than the rest.



After 2 washes and under artificial light at the office

The pic above is after 2 washes. I might get the chunk of blonde on the right of the pic, broken up and darkened a little more, but otherwise, everything else blends great!

One thing I have learned with my hair after getting it colored... is deep conditioning it and using minimal heat to it. I let it air dry as much as I can, then run the round brush through it with medium heat on my hair dryer. I still curl my hair, but just the front... and only on medium heat.

Two of my absolute favorite deep conditioners after a color treatment are S-Factor's Serious Conditioner.. and L'Oreal's Absolutele Repair mask.



These are 2 masks that I use for the first 2-3 weeks after a color treatment. I alternate them every shampoo. The Absolute Repair mask is a protein mask. It's not to be used too often, but it helps give protein and strengthen the hair. I LOVE this product. My hair feels like silk afterwards. I use this once a week.

The S-Factor is a new deep conditioner that I have been using. It's amazing!!! It smells incredible too. This is a moisture mask. Usually I use the Maccadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask, but every so often, I like to switch it up so my hair doesn't get used to it. The S-Factor line is fantastic! If you haven't tried it and want something moisturizing.. try it!!!

It's so important to take care of your hair after you color it, whether you are going lighter or darker, it's still color, and it's still damaging. The worst thing is, if you aren't careful with it after a color, breakage starts to happen, and that is not a good thing!!!

If anyone has any amazing deep conditioners that they absolutely adore, comment below and tell me!! :)

Hope everyone has a great night.

Love always,
xo
Mel